Location: South East England, UK
Salary: £65k – £80k subject to experience
Type: Permanent – Full time – Possible weekly combination remote working/on-site
About the Company
Our client is one of the leading manufacturers of audio interfaces worldwide. Their products are used by professionals and music enthusiasts alike, and the company has a long and established history in our industry and has one of the strongest R&D teams as well. Their goal is to influence music-making across the globe, and they are looking for talented engineers who share in their passion for excellence in sound.
About the Role
You will be responsible for developing embedded code for state of the art audio equipment. There will be challenging technical requirements in areas including low latency, processor resource optimisation, system tuning, inter-process communication and audio fidelity. Collaboration is crucial to the role, both with the technical and project management teams, to ensure the complexity of tasks are assessed and delivered efficiently.
We’re looking for someone who is logical, can grasp complex concepts and has a thorough engineering approach with strong design, test, review and debugging skills. You must have fluent spoken and written English, as well as the following:
- Coding skills in embedded C
- Writing real-time software on processors such as DSPs or XMOS
- Clear articulation of complex architectural concepts
- USB interface protocol / USB device operation
- Maintenance of a codebase which supports both legacy and current products
- Designing, testing and problem solving in a range of scenarios
- Automated unit, regression and integration testing approach
- Basic digital electronics
- Analysis of different approaches to present the tradeoffs between cost, quality and time
- Flexibility, curiosity, pragmatism and lateral thinking abilities
- Interest in music and development of audio equipment
You will be a member of this talented team, where the benefits include company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, staff discount, share options, free canteen, lots of company activities and visits. Sounds like fun – and sound is fun!
If you are interested in applying for the role but would like to discuss any aspect further, please contact Jo Hutchins on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 3802 1742.