Our Client is seeking an experienced Simulation Engineer to be a key member of the specialist transducer team in this growing organisation developing and manufacturing high-end Home Audio products in South East England.
Salary: Attractive salary in line with experience
Location: UK, South East
About the Company
A leader in the development and manufacture of domestic loudspeaker products, our client has a large R&D team consisting of talented engineers with a broad spectrum of specialist skills.
About the Role
As the Simulation Engineer, you will be part of a small, specialist transducer team serving the R&D department to support all product development.
You will use your technical expertise to perform mechanical and thermal simulations involving mechanical modal analysis, forced response and stress analysis, heat transfer simulation and material selection.
In addition to the theoretical aspects of your work, you will need to validate your simulations through physical measurements using sensors, accelerometers and microphones.
You will possess the following essential skills and academic qualifications:
- A degree in a relevant subject – Physics, Acoustics, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science.
- Knowledge and expertise in using MATLAB and COMSOL or equivalent FEA simulation packages.
- Proficiency in mechanical and thermal system simulation, plus ideally the ability to simulate electro-mechanical and vibroacoustic devices.
- You will have several years of experience in a parallel role and could come from the aerospace, defence, electronics or automotive industries, or from an industry-based PhD role.
- An interest in audio technology would be an advantage but is not required.