Our client is a UK-based technology company developing cutting edge, patented audio transducer systems for the consumer and automotive industries. They are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their talented and specialist engineering team based in the UK.
Location: UK Midlands
About the company
This company is a venture-funded private company using technology researched at a leading UK university. They are delivering innovative audio systems for entertainment systems and noise control into the automotive and consumer industries and are steadily gaining a solid reputation for excellence providing high performance solutions implementing their specialist patented technology.
About the role
This is an opportunity to work in a cross-functional team of talented engineers as a Senior Mechanical Engineer reporting to the Head of R&D. You will be responsible for the design, testing and delivery of the mechanical elements and interface of this new generation of automotive audio systems.
Your tasks will include specification, design, packaging and delivery of mechanical elements in line with performance, quality, weight and cost targets. You will be interacting with clients from the automotive industry, managing tooling and component sign-off, and working with a multi-disciplined team of engineers and within the business to ensure the smooth introduction of new technology and products.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering, or in an associated and appropriate subject
- Proven industry experience in system and component design, ideally but not necessarily in the automotive sector.
- Experience of solid/surface modelling and creating 2D drawings.
- Specialist knowledge of designing moulded components, associated materials, manufacturing and assembly.
- Experience of compiling BOMs, creating documentation, DFM and project management.
- Ability to work independently, with excellent attention to detail, problem solving skills and flexibility with taking on hands-on and varied engineering tasks.
This role is based in a central UK location served by road, rail and air links, on a campus technology park with facilities including gym, Costa, sports facilities, on-site engineering and test support.
In order to be considered for this position you must have entitlement to live and work in the UK and have fluent written and spoken English.