An audio power amplifier designer is needed by this leading manufacturer of high performance audio and video products.
Location: South West USA
About the Company
Our client has been manufacturing professional audio equipment for the last 50 years and are currently developing numerous new products in the audio and video, live performance and install sectors. Their R&D department has a reputation for providing a fun and innovative work environment with some of the most talented engineers in the world.
About the Role
As an amplifier design engineer in this established R&D department, you get to:
- Develop power supplies and amplifiers for use in professional sound systems.
- Take products from concept to manufacturing, research new technologies, simulate your designs, layout circuits and prototype boards, and introduce your designs into manufacturing.
- Work in a cross-functional product development team alongside design engineers, test and manufacturing.
- Mentor junior engineers, passing on your experience and providing leadership in this small team of power amplification specialists.
- You LOVE designing class-D audio power amplifiers in the 500W -5kW power range.
- You are willing and able to relocate to sunny Southern California and will grasp the opportunity to live and work there.
- You are qualified in Electrical/Electronic Engineering to Masters level and beyond, and are therefore an expert within the field of power electronics.
- You have brought multiple successful audio power products to market during your years of working in R&D within our industry.
- Your skills include an understanding of SMPS topology, magnetic design of inductors / transformers, experience of compliance testing and qualification, proficient use of circuit simulation packages.