This is an opportunity to work for a leading provider of audio solutions for world-leading consumer electronics and passenger entertainment brands, who are seeking a senior acoustic engineer to join their development team in the North West of England.
Our client delivers audio quality and sound comfort to consumers using state-of-the-art signal processing designed by their talented R&D team. With expertise in acoustics, signal processing and electronics, they work with semi-conductor manufacturers to provide licensed technology and solutions for small-scale applications using innovative noise cancelling technology.
The senior acoustic engineer will conduct the development, evaluation and measurement of electro-acoustic platforms and electronic systems, performing strategic electro-acoustic research and development to provide next-generation solutions.
- A Masters Degree or PhD in acoustics or a related discipline.
- Higher education studies in signal processing including fourier methods, time series analysis and fundamental DSP techniques.
- An understanding of moving coil loudspeakers for miniature, close-to-ear applications.
- Solid measurement experience in the context of engineering dynamics.
- Solid understanding of acoustic instrumentation and calibration.
- Professional experience of developing audio products for mass production.
- Prepared to travel and build successful professional relationships with people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures.