This is an opportunity to work for a leading provider of wireless chipset solutions for smart hearables, who are seeking both an acoustic engineer and a senior acoustic engineer to join their headphone development team in the North West of England developing next generation noise cancelling technology.
Our client delivers audio quality and sound comfort to consumers using state-of-the-art signal processing designed by their talented R&D team. With expertise in acoustics, signal processing and electronics, they provide licensed technology and solutions for small-scale hearable applications using innovative noise cancelling technology.
The acoustic engineer will conduct the development, evaluation and measurement of electro-acoustic platforms and electronic systems, performing strategic electro-acoustic research and development for personal audio devices.
- You will have a degree, preferably at a higher level, in acoustics or a related discipline, including studies in signal processing including fourier methods, time series analysis and fundamental DSP techniques.
- Professional experience in the design and product development of headphones, earphones or loudspeakers for miniature, close-to-ear applications.
- Understanding and ideally experience of Active Noise Cancellation for personal audio devices.
- Skills in technical computing and proficiency in MATLAB.
- Experience of programming DSP devices for audio applications.
- An understanding of acoustic safety regarding auditory health.
- Solid understanding of acoustic instrumentation and calibration.
- Prepared to travel and build successful professional relationships with people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures.
If you can demonstrate the above skills and are looking for an opportunity to join an engineering team in this fast-growing and innovative industry, then hit apply below, or to organise an exploratory chat, email me on email@example.com