This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced acoustic engineer to join the R&D team of a leading manufacturing brand developing loudspeaker products for a wide range of applications using your expert skills in electroacoustics.
About the company
Our client is a global leader in the professional install and AV industries, providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of clients and customers. Their loudspeaker products range from small install for conferencing and business through to large scale sound systems for performance and sports venues and their engineering expertise spans 3 continents.
About the role
You will take responsibility for the design and development of innovative loudspeaker products, working in a multi-disciplined engineering team to take products from initial concept through to manufacturing. You will need to have great communication skills and be able to prototype, prove, evaluate and develop your designs working with your team and with external consultants and manufacturing partners.
You will have:
- A degree in acoustics, physics or electronics related to electroacoustics
- A successful track record of developing loudspeaker products for professional audio
In your career you will have gained expert skills in some or preferably all of the following:
- Use of simulation methods and tools (MATLAB, COMSOL, FEA, BEM) and a theoretical approach to developing loudspeakers.
- Understanding of DSP techniques (EQ, dynamics, directivity)
- Acoustic measurement techniques (Audio precision, Klippel, Clio)
- Working with external ODM, OEM partners to achieve best results
- Transducer design and development
- Audio system design preferably with experience of developing loudspeakers for outdoor as well as indoor conditions.
Our client is offering generous compensation in line with the solid experience that they are seeking. If this matches your goals for your next career move then drop me an email or hit apply.