An opportunity for an acoustic engineer with experience of developing loudspeaker systems to join the R&D team of a leading manufacturing brand based in the United States.
About the company
Our client is a global leader in the professional install and AV industries, providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of clients and customers. Their loudspeaker products range from small install for conferencing, businesses and small venues through to large scale sound systems for performance and sports stadiums.
About the role
In the role of Senior Acoustic Engineer you will be responsible for the design and development of loudspeaker products, working in a team to take products from initial concept through to manufacturing. You will need to have great communication skills, and be able to prototype, prove, evaluate and develop your designs. You will be working alongside other experienced loudspeaker designers in the team, learning and developing your knowledge, but at the same time you will need to be able to work autonomously, taking responsibility for your own work and being self-motivated and driven.
You will have:
- A degree in acoustics, physics or electronics related to electroacoustics
- Experience of developing loudspeaker products for large venues and fixed install applications.
- Strong audio system design skills
- Acoustic measurement techniques (Audio precision, Klippel, Clio)
In your career you will have gained skills in some or all of the following:
- Use of simulation methods and tools (MATLAB, COMSOL, FEA, BEM) and a theoretical approach to developing loudspeakers.
- Advanced DSP techniques (EQ, dynamics, directivity)
- Transducer design and development
- Experience of developing loudspeakers for outdoor as well as indoor conditions would be a plus.
Our client is offering generous compensation in line with the solid experience that they are seeking. If this matches your goals for your next career move then drop me an email for more info or apply below.