A world-renowned organisation developing and manufacturing products for the high-end home and consumer audio industry is seeking an experienced Senior Acoustic Engineer to work on the research and development of their range of noise cancelling headphone products.
About the Company
Our client is a leading player in the high-end home and consumer audio industry and are committed to being at the forefront of technology. Within their R&D department they have a team dedicated to high performance headphone development and they are seeking an additional engineer to join them.
About the Role
As senior acoustic engineer in this team you will be responsible for research and development of headphone products using ANC technology. You will be working alongside a multi-disciplined team of electronics, acoustics, software and quality engineers, bringing products through the development lifecycle from the design phase through to production.
You will work closely with manufacturers and will need to be prepared to work overseas, sometimes for extended periods. You will have good leadership skills and able to communicate and collaborate with ODMs, OEMs, and other experts within the team.
You will have:
- A degree in Physics, Electronics or a related subject, with a strong focus on acoustics and signal processing
- Proven experience in the audio industry working on successful ANC headphone products
- Be a proficient user of MATLAB with strong maths skills, and strong programming skills
- Have an understanding of digital signal processing and filter design
- Have knowledge of moving-coil audio transducers and MEMS technology for microphones
- An understanding of control theory for ANC
- Be able to carry out acoustic measurements (Audio Precision, SoundCheck etc)