About the Client
An opportunity has arisen for a Computer Science professional to work in a DSP team of a major UK manufacturer of consumer and high end audio products in the South of England.
About the Role
The DSP Tools Developer will provide the interface between the DSP team and the central software team, and will be responsible for designing and maintaining the DSP toolset, supporting the integration of DSP modules and core software, creating prototypes of new algorithms and testing at board and system level.
In addition to strong coding ability, you will need good technical communication skills, plus the desire to perform well under tight timescales and respond to day to day challenges. This position will require some worldwide travel to support the engineering team.
About the Candidate
You should be degree-qualified in Computer Science with an interest, professionally or personally, in audio technology.
You will need the following skills:
- C/C++ and/or Python
- Experience of Linux or Unix development environments
- Experience of software version control: ie Git, SVN
The following knowledge will be helpful, but is not essential:
- Bash, Object-oriented programming, MATLAB, assembly language
- Understanding of audio DSP techniques
- Knowledge of I/O communication interfaces (i2c, i2s, TDM)
- Use of Digital Audio Workstations, music production tools and music appreciation
- General electronics skills , understanding of schematics and layouts, and ability to use lab measurement equipment