An opportunity for audio researchers to join one of the most successful and innovative consumer audio providers, with vacancies in both the UK and the US, and across all levels of seniority (PhD through to experienced researcher). The role offers generous compensation (in line with experience), comprehensive benefits and an open and supportive working culture.
About the company
Our client is a leader in smart home sound systems bringing incredible sound into your rooms and lives with their innovative products which make it easy to create your own amazing listening experience for yourself, your family and your friends.
About the role
Our client is looking for experienced audio researchers who will be solving problems and creating solutions which will have a tangible impact on new products. You will be working in a cross-disciplinary team with team members based across multiple locations, developing the audio technology of the future. The role will require occasional travel as allowed by restrictions.
You will have
- A track record of research into audio technology across the fields of physical acoustics, audio perception and audio signal processing.
- Deep specialism in one or more of the following fields – audio signal processing, room acoustics, immersive audio, audio perception, spatial hearing, machine learning, mathematical modelling.
- A PhD in audio or acoustics or a related subject. Further industry-related research experience will be required for more senior roles.
- Proven experience of working successfully in a team, and be a great communicator, capable of presenting your research to both experts and generalists.
Extra skills in the following would be a bonus
- An interest in music
- Experience of designing audio reproduction systems
- An understanding of audio-related perception, psychology or cognitive neuro-science
- Python and machine learning
- C++ and real-time audio processing
Fluent spoken and written English is a requirement.
Applicants for roles in the US must have existing work entitlement.
If this role matches your goals then please apply via the link below. If you’d like an informal chat about it then please email me on email@example.com