The Advanced Technology Group at Sonos is growing its world class team of researchers. Their work sits at the intersection of audio signal processing, machine learning, acoustics, and human listening. They are a cross-disciplinary team of researchers, advancing the state of the art in audio signal processing and machine learning to shape the sound experiences of the future.
Location: Boston, MA or Santa Barbara, CA
About the company
Sonos are passionate about creating the ultimate listening experience for their customers and connecting them to the content they want, where they want it. The Sonos experience is built on a foundation of technology research and innovation. This is shaped by each member of the company: their ability to collaborate across different styles and skill sets, and their openness to new ideas. Each team member at Sonos offers different aspects of diversity that are embraced and celebrated.
About the role
- Conduct cutting edge research in audio signal processing and machine learning – taking ideas from early concept to demonstration.
- Identify the emerging opportunities presented by new methods and developments in the field.
- Clearly communicate research findings to stakeholders both within and outside of the Advanced Technology group via verbal, written, and practical demonstrations.
- Use your domain knowledge to help drive forward the research program into previously unexplored areas.
- Generate and contribute to IP, related technology assets and publications.
You will have:
- A track record of conducting original research at the intersection of audio signal processing, machine learning, and audio perception.
- A strong understanding of the relation between audio perception, physical acoustics, and audio signal processing methods.
- PhD in audio, acoustics, computer science for audio, electronic engineering, physics, or a related discipline. Further industry-related research experience will be required for more senior roles.
- An ability to clearly communicate, present, and disseminate research findings to both specialist and general audiences.
Fluent spoken and written English is a requirement.
Applicants for roles in the US must have existing work entitlement.
If this role matches your goals then please apply via the link below. If you’d like an informal chat about this then please email firstname.lastname@example.org