Location: Nuneaton, Warwickshire
Salary: £35,000 – £45,000 per annum
About the Company
This is a UK based technology company specialising in audio transducer systems for the automotive industry. Based in the Midlands you will be a member of this talented R&D team working alongside electrical and production engineers to bring these innovative products into mass production.
About the Role
Your duties will include:
- Creating mechanical designs using advanced CAD/CAE design tools (Solidworks or PTC Creo)
- Modifying, revising and scaling of existing product designs.
- Taking ownership of designs from prototype through to mass production.
- Using CAE tools for FEA analysis and simulations.
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers and developers.
- Support R&D of new technologies and designs, applying DFM Design For Manufacturing concepts.
- Create production drawings and documentation, and support change control and archiving.
What do you need?
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in a Mechanical Design position within the automotive industry
- Excellent communication skills to enable you to work effectively in this small R&D team
- Ability to liaise effectively with external suppliers and clients
- Good decision making capabilities and the ability to work autonomously<