An opportunity for an acoustic engineering graduate with a strong interest in electroacoustics and loudspeaker design to become a member of the R&D team of one of the most well-respected UK audio brands. This would suit you if you are looking for your first role since graduating or taking your first career step from an initial role, and want to learn how to design and develop loudspeaker products.
UK, South East
About the company
This is a British owned and managed loudspeaker manufacturer who are currently expanding their R&D department in order to grow their product range in the hi-fi and home theatre market. They are committed to having the resources to both develop new products and to carry out research into new technologies to enable their innovative product roadmap. Therefore they are looking for an entry level acoustic engineer who can learn from the team and quickly start to contribute to their success.
About the role
In this role you will be a member of the acoustics team within this multi-disciplined department including talented software engineers, electronic engineers, product designers and project managers. Your task will be the acoustic design of loudspeaker products including transducer design, cabinet design, crossover design and tuning.
You will learn to deliver all the acoustic elements of a project within the required time scales, developing your knowledge base within this field and working as a team member sharing ideas and new information and understanding this competitive, technology driven market.
You will have:
- A Degree or Masters in Acoustics or equivalent subject with an emphasis on acoustics
- Proven interest and knowledge in designing loudspeakers including transducer design, enclosure design, passive crossover design
- Knowledge in the measurement and analysis of loudspeaker performance
- Critical listening skills
Additional skills in the following will be beneficial:
- A personal interest in music, sound and listening
- Experience of simulation tools (eg COMSOL) and methods
- Basic electronics skills
- Use of DSP (EQ, limiters)
- Experience using CAD software for design (eg Autodesk)
If loudspeaker development is your goal and this sounds like the acoustics opportunity that you have been working towards then please apply via the link below.