An opportunity for an electro acoustic engineer to join this talented team of design engineers and researchers developing ambient noise cancelling solutions for consumer audio.
A specialist R&D team providing noise cancelling solutions for headphone and earphone products within a global organisation designing and manufacturing sensor solutions for the consumer electronics industry. Based in the UK the engineers work in collaboration with teams located globally.
Your task as an acoustic engineer will be to work independently within this multidisciplinary team taking acoustic measurements of new earphone/headphone designs, modelling your results and feeding back the data to algorithm designers. Your work will involve testing noise cancelling algorithms designed by DSP engineers in the software development team and you will be responsible for building demonstrators for customers, and building experimental prototypes to validate algorithm performance. Tasks will include using acoustic measurement equipment, modelling acoustic data and programming real-time control algorithms.
- A degree in Acoustics or a related field
- A deep understanding of the principles of acoustics and sound propagation and the ability to take a practical approach to solving problems.
- An understanding of audio signal processing and how DSP algorithms work
- An understanding of acoustic modelling using Python and ideally some experience of Lumped Parameter Modelling
- A practical, hands-on approach to building prototypes and problem solving
- Able to work independently within a multidisciplinary team.
- A strong interest in music, audio and critical listening is highly desirable.
The role is within a small team backed up by a global organisation, offering the benefits of a friendly working environment and opportunities for training and career progression.
If this matches your goals for your next career move drop me an email or hit apply.