An opportunity for an experienced engineering leader with in-depth knowledge of loudspeaker system design for the professional live sound to lead an established R&D team at director level.
Location: Mid West, USA
Salary: Generous compensation in line with the seniority of the position
About the Company
This is a multi-national engineering company with a talented R&D team based in Mid West US designing and developing products for install, live sound and portable applications.
About the Role
In your position as Director of Engineering you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Direct and coordinate a large engineering team performing research and development for professional loudspeaker products
- Provide technological leadership for the engineering team to enable effective and fast product integration into the market
- Work alongside management and product managers to define new products
- Liaise with management and manufacturing to ensure quality and compliance standards are met, and effective manufacturing processes and test procedures are in place
- Travel internationally between company and customer locations
You are ready to take on a big role in a big company, using your engineering knowledge and management expertise to move this team into the next chapter of its history. You can really make a difference and have the energy and drive to make things happen.
What do you need?
- A BSc or equivalent in Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical Engineering or Physics
- A track record of bringing professional loudspeaker products to market
- Outstanding leadership skills and strategic decision-making capability
- Solid experience of engineering leadership in a managerial capacity at a corporate level
You will be located in what is reputed to be one of the happiest states in the US, benefitting from good schools, healthy living and diverse culture. The role will require regular international travel between company and customer locations.