An opportunity for an experienced engineering leader with knowledge of loudspeaker system design for professional live sound to lead an established R&D team at director level.
Location: Mid West, USA
Salary: Generous compensation in line with the seniority of the position
About the Company
This is a multi-national engineering company with a talented R&D team based in Mid West US designing and developing products for install, live sound and portable applications. You will have the backing of a large company combined with the opportunity to work in a friendly, supportive and professional team.
About the Role
In your position as Director of Engineering your responsibilities will be to:
- Direct and coordinate a large engineering team performing research and development for professional loudspeaker products.
- Provide technological leadership for the engineering team to enable effective and fast product integration into the market.
- Work alongside management and product managers to define new products.
- Liaise with management and manufacturing to ensure quality and compliance standards are met, and effective manufacturing processes and test procedures are in place.
- Travel internationally between company and customer locations (subject to restrictions)
You are ready to take on a big role in a big company, using your engineering knowledge and management expertise to move this team into the future. You can really make a difference and have the energy and drive to make things happen.
What do you need?
- A BSc or higher in Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical Engineering or Physics.
- A track record of bringing professional loudspeaker products to market.
- Outstanding leadership skills and strategic decision-making capability.
- Solid experience of engineering leadership in a managerial capacity at a corporate level.
You will be located in what is reputed to be one of the happiest states in the US, benefitting from good schools, healthy living and diverse culture.