This is an opportunity for an experienced Acoustic Research Engineer to lead the transducer design and acoustic engineering research activities in this global organisation operating in the High End Home Audio and Automotive sectors.
Our client is a leader in the development and manufacture of High End consumer and automotive loudspeaker products. Based in the South East of England they have a large R&D team consisting of talented engineers with a broad spectrum of specialist skills.
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Provide technical leadership and innovation across all product ranges, working closely with the engineering development, manufacturing and product introduction teams.
- Manage a small, specialised team of transducer and simulation engineers, taking responsibility for transducer development, evaluating new technologies, selecting materials and managing the transition of these technologies from research, through prototyping into production.
- Liaise with key suppliers and academic partners to evaluate and implement new technologies.
- Ensure the continuing knowledge base of specialist transducer development, design and technology within the company.
You will have:
- A PhD or post graduate degree in Acoustics or a related field.
- Solid research or technology driven experience in the development of successful transducer and loudspeaker products.
- An in-depth understanding of the physics of audio systems including FEA analysis and acoustic and mechanical measurement techniques.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills with a track record of academic/technical report writing.
Why should you apply:
You are a natural and proven leader with the ability to research and implement new technologies, to build and inspire multi-disciplined teams, and to deliver innovative new product roadmaps into the future.