The Content Specialist will write various creative, innovative copy with a commercial twist across a range of media and formats to support marketing campaigns by interpreting creative briefs. This includes: video scripts, slogans, headlines and catchphrases for ads and e-blasts, body copy, product descriptions, video descriptions, brochures, blog posts and more.
Our client, an internationally established innovator, developer and manufacturer of market leading lighting products is seeking a Content Specialist to work on product and business marketing content across their global business. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the industry’s leading lighting and entertainment technology manufacturers as they continue to grow and develop their market leading position.
About the Role
The Content Specialist will be required to liaise with brand managers and interpret their briefs, develop creative ideas and concepts and present ideas to the brand manager for approval and development. The successful candidate will be able to write clear, persuasive, original copy through the various iterations of the project, ensuring they proofread copy to check spelling and grammar, give status updates on each of the projects being worked on and also keep up to date with popular culture and trends. A vital part of the role will be to amend, revise or redevelop adverts or campaigns in response to feedback from the brand manager as well as to oversee campaigns through the production stage to completion. The candidate will be required to work on several campaigns at once, sometimes under pressure and often to tight deadlines.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or English
- A background in copywriting with a strong emphasis on social content
- The ability to craft a presentation deck in PowerPoint or Keynote
- Experience with digital production processes
- Monitor the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work with diverse project teams
- Strong follow up and detail management; creativity and pro-activity
- Write copy for marketing campaigns in the form of print ads, scripts, e-blasts, brochures, websites, commercials and other advertising mediums
- Produce original, clear and credible ideas/messages, and present these to brand managers
- Liaison with brand managers to discuss requirements and core messages and target audience