Our client is a UK-based technology company developing cutting edge, patented audio transducer systems for the consumer and automotive industries. They are looking for an Audio Electronics Engineer to join their talented and specialist engineering team based in the UK.
Location: UK Midlands
About the company
This company is a venture-funded private company using technology researched at a leading UK university. They are delivering innovative audio systems for entertainment systems and noise control into the automotive and consumer industries and are steadily gaining a solid reputation for excellence providing high performance solutions implementing their specialist patented technology.
About the role
This is an opportunity to work in a cross-functional team of talented engineers as a Audio Electronics Engineer reporting to the Principal Electro-Acoustic Engineer in the team. You will be responsible for the design, test and delivery of the electronic and electrical elements of automotive audio systems and will be responsible for prototyping, demonstrating and testing the designs in various test vehicles.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in Electronic Engineering or an associated subject preferably to a Masters level.
- Proven industry experience in analogue and digital audio electronics design including analogue amplifier design.
- Experience of using schematic capture and PCB design CAD software packages.
- Project engineering experience preferably from the automotive or aerospace sectors along with a good working knowledge of the documentation and compliance requirements when developing in these industries.
- You should be capable of working independently and in a team and have excellent communication skills.
- You should have a broad and in-depth knowledge of electronics design with hands-on, practical engineering skills which you can apply to audio systems design in an intuitive and creative manner in order to develop innovative new solutions.
This role is based in a central UK location served by road, rail and air links, on a campus technology park with facilities including gym, Costa, sports facilities, on-site engineering and test support.
In order to be considered for this position you must have entitlement to live and work in the UK and have fluent written and spoken English.