An internationally established innovator, developer and manufacturer of market leading lighting products is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to drive and expand their success in Asia. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the industry’s leading manufacturers as they continue to grow and develop their market leading position.
About the Role
The Asia Business Development Manager will manage distribution channels throughout Asia working with partners to set and achieve sales, marketing and technical goals. He or she will identify opportunities with venues, promoters, dealers and hire companies and assist the channel to capitalize on these. With extensive international travel the manager will build on existing and new relationships with LD’s, TD’s and other influencers to promote the brand’s brand name and technologies.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of Pan-Asian experience in the entertainment lighting sector. It is essential that you have a network of contacts within the region and a thorough understanding of the pro lighting market including a good understanding of entertainment lighting fixture and control technologies. To excel in this role, you should be an excellent communicator and negotiator with first class client relationships and strong leadership skills.
- Minimum of 4 – 6 years of successful experience in entertainment lighting sales
- Fluent English plus one of the following: Japanese, Tamil, Malay, Cantonese and/or Mandarin.
- Strong understanding of professional lighting industry
- Familiarity with entertainment lighting and control protocols – DMX, ArtNet, sACN, KlingNet
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing
- Outstanding presentation, communication and client relationship skills
- Strong organizational, team building and leadership skills