Location: South East England, UK
Type: Permanent – Full time
Salary: Generous annual package. Benefits include company pension, private healthcare, and employee assistance scheme.
About the Company
Our client is a leading player in the consumer and professional audio industry and are committed to being at the forefront of technology. Within their R&D department they have a team dedicated to high performance headphone development and they are seeking an additional engineer to join them.
About the Role
As an acoustics engineer in this team you will be responsible for research and development of headphone products. This will include research into noise cancelling methods, beam-forming and wind noise reduction.
You will be working alongside electronics and DSP engineers, and be responsible for validating their work – taking new ideas from prototype to production.
You will develop test specifications and simulations based on product requirements and oversee product introduction, working with manufacturers both internally and overseas.
This position is a mixture of pure research and hands-on engineering, and will include some extended periods of overseas travel.
- You will have a degree in Physics, Electronics or a related subject, with a strong focus on acoustics and signal processing.
- A proficient user of MATLAB with strong maths skills.
- An understanding of digital signal processing and filter design
- Knowledge of active noise cancelling methodologies
- Knowledge of audio transducers and MEMS technology for microphones.
- Experience of using your knowledge in a professional capacity or as a researcher.