An established and well-respected manufacturer of high end and residential loudspeakers is seeking an acoustic engineering manager to lead their acoustics team within their thriving R&D department.
Salary: Attractive salary in line with experience
Location: UK, South East
About the Company
This is a British owned and managed loudspeaker manufacturer looking to expand their R&D department in order to grow their product range in the hi-fi and home theatre market and beyond.
About the Role
The Acoustic Engineering Manager will lead the acoustics team, defining new products, therefore directly influencing the success of the company. You will be responsible for researching and prototyping new technologies, mentoring and growing your team of talented engineers, developing ideas, steering discussions, communicating across multi-disciplines and delivering projects on time.
- A proven engineering manager able to lead teams, mentor and motivate engineers, and oversee research, development, processes and documentation.
- A Degree or Masters in Acoustics or an associated subject.
- Proven experience in product development of loudspeaker products – cradle to grave.
- In-depth knowledge of transducer design and loudspeaker system design.
- Expert at listening to, tuning, measuring and analysing loudspeaker systems.
- Direct experience of mass manufacturing would be considered an advantage.
- Experience of simulations using COMSOL would be considered an advantage.