An opportunity for an acoustic engineer with specialist loudspeaker design skills to become a member of the R&D team of one of the most well-respected UK audio brands.
This is a British owned and managed loudspeaker manufacturer who are currently expanding their R&D department in order to grow their product range in the hi-fi and home theatre market and beyond.
As an acoustic engineer in this R&D team you will be responsible for the acoustic design of loudspeaker products including transducer design, cabinet design, crossovers and DSP. You will be part of the acoustics team within this multi-disciplined R&D team including talented software engineers, electronic engineers, product designers and project managers.
Your task will be to deliver all the acoustic elements of the project within the required time scales, to maintain your knowledge base within this field and to work as a team member sharing ideas and new information and understanding this competitive, technology driven market.
- A Degree or Masters in Acoustics or equivalent subject with an emphasis on acoustics
- Several years of designing loudspeakers including transducer design, enclosure design, passive and active filters and DSP
- Experience of the measurement and analysis of loudspeaker performance
- Experience of acoustic system tuning and critical listening
- Ideally experience with multiphysics FEA/BEM Simulation using Comsol
- A personal interest in music, sound and listening