This is an opportunity for a talented acoustic engineer to join the headphone team of a leading audio manufacturer of high-end audio products.
About the Company
Our client is an established brand manufacturer of high-end audio products based in the UK with a specialist engineering team focussed on developing world-class noise cancelling headphones.
About the Role
You will be a member of the headphone acoustic team specialising in electro-acoustic research and development alongside a multi-disciplined team of engineers. You will take responsibility for the acoustic design, prototyping and testing of headphone products, assessing design options alongside simulation engineers, performing acoustic measurements and undertaking subjective listening. You will have the opportunity to research new technologies in this field and utilise this research to create new products.
Requirements for this role are:
- A degree in Mathematics, Acoustics or Physics
- Knowledge of small-scale moving coil transducers, microphones and driver development
- Practical acoustic measurement skills
- Simulation skills – FEM, BEM, MATLAB, lumped element circuits
- Excellent subjective listening ability and a passion for high quality audio
You have experience of acoustic engineering for the development of headphone products and want to develop your career within a leading team in headphone engineering, enabling you to specialise in this exciting field.